Corporate Plan 2012
Welcome to Mansfield District Council's Corporate Plan 2012. Thank you for taking the time to find out what is happening locally and what is planned for the future. The plan is based on what our residents and partners have told us are the key challenges facing the district. It also reflects national and regional priorities and sets out the Council's contribution to the delivery of the Mansfield Community Strategy. The plan identifies five priorities as the key areas for action. These priorities are as follows:
- Regeneration and employment: Revitalising our District, town centres and neighbourhoods, encouraging inward investment and creating a climate for job creation and growth.
- Reducing crime and disorder: Making the District a safer place to live, work and visit by working with partners to reduce crime and antisocial behaviour.
- Vulnerable people: Supporting the most vulnerable people in our District to help them live independent and fulfilled lives.
- Housing: Ensuring there is an adequate supply of good quality, well managed housing which is accessible and affordable to those who need it.
- Protecting the environment: Delivering a local plan for the provision of housing, commercial and retail development and ensuring a high quality and sustainable environment.
The plan also provides detail of how we will measure our performance, the targets we have set, a summary of our past achievements and successes and an indication of the work that is proposed for the forthcoming year. The Council will review the plan on an annual basis and report on the progress it has made.
A copy of the Corporate Plan and Annual Performance Report 2012 is attached to this page.