Mansfield in Bloom
Mansfield in Bloom is an exciting campaign aimed at improving the town's environment for all who live, work and visit Mansfield
Mansfield in Bloom is led by Mansfield District Council but has a huge involvement with schools, businesses, residents and community groups all over the district. Judges look out for many things including community involvement, horticultural expertise, waste and recycling initiatives, schools involvement and nature conservation. Over the years we have built up a good record and had great success in the East Midlands in Bloom regional competition, winning a number of Gold medal over the last few years. This year sees Mansfield District Council re-entering the campaign after a year away.
What are we judged on?
There are three main criteria which we are judged on in the competition:
- Horticultural Achievement
- Horticultural practice
- Residential and community gardening
- Business areas and premises
- Green space
- Environmental Responsibility
- Conservation and biodiversity
- Resource management
- Local heritage
- Local environmental quality
- Pride of place
- Community Participation
- Development and continuity
- Communication and education
- Community participation
- Year round involvement
- Funding support
How does the district benefit?
- A clean, green and pleasant district for all to enjoy
- A measure of improvement year on year
- Pride in the community
- Less litter and vandalism
- Attracting visitors to the town centres and boosting local economy
- Raising Mansfield's profile nationwide
To download a portfolio of achievements for the Bloom year 2010 please download the portfolio on the right hand side. If you have a project which you would like to include with the Mansfield in Bloom campaign 2012, please contact parks and open spaces.
For more information on Mansfield in Bloom please see the links on the right hand side of this page.