An Exercise Referral Programme, provided in your local community, designed with YOU in mind.
It has long been known that both an active and healthy lifestyle can have a positive effect on your health. Get Active GP referral is a structure 6 or 12 week programme run by Mansfield District Council. Working in partnership with the Primary Care Trust, your GP and of course You, we aim to encourage you to develop a healthy, happy lifestyle.
Following your GP referral you will be invited for a one to one at your local Leisure Centre. One of our friendly, fully qualified, health professionals will then give you an individual lifestyle consultation.
Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre
River Maun Recreation Centre
|Dawn will be available for the hour in the gym, just to give you some added support||A low impact aerobic session in the water. The buoyancy of the water supports your body weight putting less pressure on your joints.||An easy, class based, exercise session combining different types of exercise.|
Contact the Health Development Team for further information
Who Can Take Part?
- Stable Angina
- Controlled Hypertension
- Controlled Asthma
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Body Mass Index of over 30
- Depression or Anxiety
- Stable Diabetes
- Osteo Arthritis
- Mild to moderate Osteoporosis
The programme includes: -
Of course not all these activities will be appropriate for everyone therefore you will be able to structure the programme to your individual likes and dislikes.
Our team of fully qualified instructors will be on hand every step of the way. They understand how difficult it can be to take those first steps into a healthy lifestyle, so if you feel nervous or anxious please do not hesitate to contact one of us.
How Can I Join the Scheme?
- Step 1: Contact you GP of Healthcare professional so they can complete a referral form for you.
- Step 2: A member of our team will be in touch to arrange your initial consultation, at your local Leisure Centre, to discuss your individual needs.
- Step 3: Your Get Active advisor will support you through your programme, which will be designed with you in mind.
Your Get Active session will cost £2.55 per week and will last up to 2hours. A number of your session will be free, so you will not have to pay every week. These include health walks and access to our Green Gym (the allotment).
As an added Bonus you will receive an Ultimate Bonus Card giving you 50% off any activities at our Leisure Centres across the Mansfield District
Along side the Get Active programme we also run regular gym sessions for Phase IV Cardiac rehabilitationand classes. These sessions are supplemented by healthy eating advice.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact a member of our dedicated team who will be on hand to answer any questions. Contact details are available at the top of this page.
- Name: Stan Green
- (support worker Les Dubourg)
- Age: 63 (Les 54)
- From: Mansfield
- Comments: Stan has gained a lot from his 12weeks of Get Active. His confidence has improved and all the staff at his centre have noticed this. Stan also attends the Allotment which he really enjoys and will continue to attend.On a personal note I to have enjoyed both Get Active and the Allotment, and have gained improved fitness.
- Name: Holly Tew
- Age: 23
- From: Mansfield
- Comments: Get Active has really increased my self confidence. I have some joint problems, which I was scared about going to the gym with, but the course has helped me so much. I would recommend this course to anyone.