|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposal is in accordance with Saved Policies BE1, H2 and M16 [28/09/07] of the Mansfield District Local Plan 1998 and the objectives of the National Planning Policy Framework. The proposal will not cause detriment to the vitality and viability of the Neighbourhood Parade, or have a detrimental impact on the character and appearnace of the locality, the residential amenities presently enjoyed by the occupiers of nearby properties, the residential amenities of the occupants of the proposed dwellings, or highway safety, and there are no other material considerations that indicate that a decision should be taken at variance with the above policy or guidance.
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT POLICIES
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy BE1 [28/09/07] – This policy aims to ensure developments achieve a high standard of design.
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy H2 [28/09/07] – This policy sets out the criteria that new housing developments need to meet.
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy M16 [28/09/07] – This policy sets out the criteria that new developments need to meet in relation to the highway network.
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy R4b [28/09/07] – This policy states that planning permission will be granted for retail development and associated uses where they would sustain and enhance the vitality and viability of the Neighbourhood Parade.
Mansfield District Council Development Control Policy Note ‘Space about Dwellings and Floorspace Standards for Residential Accommodation’ - Provides guidance on designing residential layouts including on separation distances which should be achieved between existing and proposed dwellings and on garden standards.
Mansfield District Council Interim Planning Guidance Note 10 ‘Parking for New Developments’ – Sets out the District Council’s draft parking standards.
National Planning Policy Framework 2012 – Replaces the Planning Policy Statements and Guidance, including Planning Policy Statement 3 – Housing 2011. This national planning policy document advises that housing developments should be considered in the context of presumption in favour of sustainable development.
(1) Condition: The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
(2) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans:
Site Plan and Amended Block Plan, received 17/08/2012
Elevation and Floor Plans, received 11/06/2012
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(3) Condition: Building operations shall not be commenced until details of the external facing materials to be used in the construction of the development hereby permitted have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development thereafter shall be undertaken in accordance with the approved details.
(4) Condition: The hours of work during construction and the delivery of materials on to the site shall be restricted to 08.00-18.00 hours Monday-Friday, 08.00-13.00 hours Saturdays and no working shall take place on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
(1) Reason: In accordance with Section 91(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by S51(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(2) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(3) Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to accord with Saved Policy BE1 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.
(4) Reason: In the interests of the reasonable residential amenity of adjoining occupiers, in accordance with Saved Policy H2 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.