|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||(1) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans:
Site Location Plan, Site Entrance Detail, Proposed Block Plan, Materials, Landscaping, Floor Levels and Boundary Treatments, Drawing No. RD12-G-4, received 20 June 2012
Proposed Site Layout, Drawing No. RD-12-G-3, received 20 June 2012
Plot 1 Proposed Elevations and Floorplans, Drawing No. RD-12-G-1b, received 19 July 2012
Plot 2 Proposed Elevations and Floorplans, Drawing No. RD-12-G-2b, received 13 July 2012
Plot 4 Proposed Elevations and Floorplans, Drawing No. 845-1B, received 20 June 2012
Plot 4 Proposed Garage Elevations and Plans, Drawing No. 845-2, received 20 June 2012
Plot 5 Proposed Elevations and Floorplans, Drawing No. RD-12-G-5, received 20 June 2012
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(2) Condition: Before the first occupation of the dwellings hereby permitted the;
bathroom window to the north east elevation and the en-suite window to the south west elevation of plot 1
the en-suite window and second floor bedroom window to the south west elevation and the bathroom window to the north east elevation of plot 2
the en-suite and landing windows to the north east elevation and the bathroom window to the south west elevation of plot 4
the en-suite and bathroom windows to the north west elevation of plot 5
shall be non-opening to a height of 1.7m above internal floor level and fitted with obscure glazing which shall be no less than Pilkington Level 4 and shall be permanently retained in that condition thereafter.
(3) Condition: Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (as amended) (or any order revoking, re-enacting or modifying that Order), no windows/dormer windows [other than those expressly authorised by this permission] shall be constructed on;
the south west or north east elevations of plots 1, 2 and 4
the north east and west elevations of
(4) Condition: Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning General Permitted Development Order 1995 (as amended) (or any other revoking and re-enacting that order) no development relating to Class A of Part 2 of Schedule 2 (erection of walls, fences or other means of enclosure) shall be erected without the prior consent in writing of the Local Planning Authority.
(1) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(2) Reason: To protect the amenities at present enjoyed by the occupiers of nearby residential properties, in accordance with Saved Policy H2 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan
(3) Reason: To protect the amenities at present enjoyed by the occupiers of nearby residential properties, in accordance with Saved Policy H2 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan
(4) Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to accord with Saved Policy BE1 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.
SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposal, as restricted by conditions, is considered to achieve a layout and design which is in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework and Saved Policies BE1, H2 and M16 [28/09/2007] of the Adopted Mansfield District Local Plan , meeting the relevant objectives and criteria. The development would not have a detrimental impact upon the character and appearance of the surrounding area, would not be detrimental to the amenity of the occupiers of neighbouring premises or future occupiers of the proposed dwellings and would not be detrimental to highway safety. There are no other material considerations that indicate that a decision should be taken at variance with the above policy or guidance.
Summary of Relevant Policies
National Planning Policy Framework (1) - sets out the Government’s planning policies for England and how these are expected to be applied. States planning permission should be granted unless the adverse impacts of doing so would significantly and demonstrably outweigh the benefits.
Mansfield Local Plan
Saved Policy BE1 (28/09/07) – This policy aims to ensure developments achieve a high standard of design.
Saved Policy H2 (28/09/07) – Sets out the criteria that new housing developments need to meet.
Saved Policy M16 (28/09/07) – Sets out the criteria that new developments need to meet in relation to the highway network.
Development Control Policy Note: Space About Dwellings and Floorspace Standards for Residential Accommodation. This document sets out guidance which seeks to ensure that all new residential development achieves a minimum standard in terms of design and amenity levels.