|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||(1) Condition: The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
(2) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans:
Site Location Plan, received 9 May 2012
Block Plan, received 9 May 2012
Proposed Front Elevation, received 9 May 2012
Proposed Rear Elevation, received 9 May 2012
Proposed Side Elevation, received 9 May 2012
Proposed Ground Floor Plan, received 9 May 2012
Proposed First Floor Plan, received 9 May 2012
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(3) Condition: Notwithstanding the submitted plans and details, no development shall commence until details of the proposed external facing materials to be used have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The facing materials should include a render panel to the first floor of the front elevation to match that of the existing dwelling. The development thereafter shall be undertaken in accordance with the approved details.
(4) Condition: Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (as amended) (or any order revoking, re-enacting or modifying that Order), no windows [other than those expressly authorised by this permission] shall be constructed on the north west elevation of the hereby approved extension.
(1) Reason: In accordance with Section 91(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by S51(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(2) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(3) Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to accord with Saved Policy BE1 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.
(4) Reason: To protect the amenities at present enjoyed by the occupiers of nearby residential properties, in accordance with Saved Policy H13 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.
SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
Reason for decision
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposal, as restricted by conditions, is in accordance with Saved Policies BE1 and H13 [28/09/2007] of the Adopted Mansfield District Local Plan  and Interim Planning Guidance Note 2 ‘Extensions to Dwellings’, meeting the relevant objectives and criteria. The development will not cause a detrimental impact on either the surrounding area or the residential amenity of neighbouring occupiers, and there are no other material considerations that indicate that a decision should be taken at variance with the above policy or guidance
Summary of Policies
Saved Policy BE1 (28/09/07) – This policy aims to ensure developments achieve a high standard of design.
Saved Policy H13 (28/09/07) – This policy seeks to ensure that house extension and alterations would not have a detrimental impact upon the character and appearance of the street scene or the surrounding area generally, or lead to a loss of residential amenity for adjacent occupiers.
Interim Planning Guidance Note 2 ‘Extension to Dwellings’ – Provides guidance for assessing proposals for house extension and alterations.