|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposal, as restricted by conditions, is in accordance with Saved Policies MTC3, BE6, H2 and M16 [28/09/2007] of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan and advice contained within the NPPF. The development will not be detrimental to the vitality and viability of the Town Centre, or cause detriment to the character and appearance of the Bridge Street Conservation Area, residential amenity or highway safety, and there are no other material considerations that indicate that a decision should be taken at variance with the above policies.
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT POLICIES
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy H2 [28/09/2007] – Advises planning permission will be granted for housing development within the Urban Boundary provided certain criteria are met.
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy M16 [28/09/2007] – Advises planning permission will be granted for new developments provided proposals meet 6 sets of criteria in respect of transport / movement issues.
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy BE6 [28/09/2007] - Advises planning permission will be granted for developments within conservation areas provided certain criteria are met.
Mansfield District Local Plan Saved Policy MTC3 [28/09/2007] – Advises planning permission will be granted for development within the defined sub-regional centre provided they meet certain criteria.
National Planning Policy Framework  - sets out the Government’s planning policies for England and how these are expected to be applied.
(1) Condition: The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
(2) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans:
Site Location Plan 1:1250 scale, received 09/05/2012
Block Plan 1:500 scale (drawing no. 1), received 17/04/2012
Proposed floor plans and elevations (drawing nos. 2 and 3), received 09/05/2012
Design/Heritage Statement and Planning/Heritage Statement, received 09/05/2012
Application Forms, received 09/05/2012
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(3) Condition: The new door unit to be installed in the Midworth Street elevation shall be constructed from timber in a style to match the existing door units located in the Albert Street elevation, unless otherwise approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(1) Reason: In accordance with Section 91(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by S51(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(2) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(3) Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to accord with Saved Policy BE6 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.
(1) Note to Applicant
Any new external window or door units installed in the building should be constructed to match the existing units in terms of materials and style. Any units which would materially alter the character and appearance of the building would require an application for planning permission.