|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||(1) Condition: The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
(2) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans/details:
Site location plan, received on 24/04/12
Proposed plans and elevations, drawing no.A12-115-03 Rev X, received on 24/04/12
Design/Access/Planning Statement, received on 24/04/12
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans/details unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(3) Condition: The use hereby permitted shall be carried out only by the applicant, Capital Steps, for the purposes outlined within the approved Design/Access/Planning Statement, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(4) Condition: Notwithstanding the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 as amended and any subsequent amendments, the hereby approved building shall only be used for the purposes outlined within the approved Design/Access/Planning Statement
(1) Reason: In accordance with Section 91(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by S51(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(2) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(3) Reason: In the interests of the vitality and viability of Mansfield town centre.
(4) Reason: In the interests of the vitality and viability of Mansfield town centre.
SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
The proposal accords with the National Planning Policy Framework and the objectives of Saved Policies BE1 and M16 [28/09/07] of the Mansfield District Local Plan, meeting the appropriate criteria of these policies. Although the proposal would result in the loss of employment floorspace, this would not cause significant harm to the provision of employment floorspace within the Mansfield District and therefore would not conflict with the objectives of Saved Policy E4 [28/09/07]. In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority the proposal will integrate with surrounding land uses, will not have an adverse impact upon the vitality or viability of existing centres, will not lead to a reduction in amenity for adjacent occupiers and will not cause harm to the surrounding highway network.
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority there are no other material planning considerations to be taken into account that would warrant a decision at variance with the above.
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT POLICIES
National Planning Policy Framework – sets out the Government’s planning policies and requires that the planning system operates to encourage sustainable growth.
Saved Policy BE1 (1) – This policy aims to ensure developments achieve a high standard of design.
Saved Policy R4 (28/09/07) – This policy states that planning permission will be granted for retail development and associated uses where they would sustain and enhance the vitality and viability of the Carter Lane neighbourhood parade.
Saved Policy M16 (28/09/07) – Sets out the criteria that new developments need to meet in relation to the highway network.