|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposal, as restricted by
conditions, is in accordance with Saved Policies BE1, H13 and M16 [28/09/2007] of the Adopted Mansfield District Local Plan 1998 and meets with the objectives of IPG Note 2 – Extensions to Dwellings. The development will not cause a detrimental impact upon the surrounding area, the public highway or upon the residential amenities of neighbouring occupiers and there are no other material considerations that indicate that a decision should be taken at variance with the above policies.
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT POLICES
Mansfield District Local Plan
Saved Policy BE1 - Advises planning permission will be granted for developments which achieve a high standard of design, listing four sets of criteria.
Saved Policy H13 states that planning permission will be granted for the extension / alteration of existing dwellings, including separate buildings within the curtilage for habitable or incidental purposes provided they would not have a detrimental effect on the character / appearance of the street scene or the surrounding area generally and not lead to a reduction in amenity for adjacent occupiers due to factors such as loss of light/ sunlight, overlooking, noise etc.
Saved Policy M16 - Advises planning permission will be granted for new developments provided proposals meet a number of criteria in respect of transport / movement issues.
Extensions to Dwellings IPG – provides detailed advice in respect of household extensions.
(1) Condition: The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
(2) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans:
Site location plan, received on 26/06/12
Proposed elevations, floor plans and block plans, drawing no.2012-053, received on 26/06/12
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed by the Local Planning Authority.
(3) Condition: No development shall commence until details of the proposed external facing and roofing materials to be used have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development thereafter shall be undertaken in accordance with the approved details.
(1) Reason: In accordance with Section 91(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by S51(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(2) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(3) Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to accord with Saved Policy BE1 (28/09/07) of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.