|Conditions / Reason for Refusal:
||SUMMARY OF REASONS FOR DECISION
In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposal, as restricted by
conditions, is in accordance with Saved Policies BE1 and H13 [28/09/2007] of the Adopted Mansfield District Local Plan 1998, and guidance contained within IPG Note 2 – Extensions to Dwellings meeting the relevant objectives and criteria. The development will not cause a detrimental impact on character and appearance of the surrounding area or the residential amenity of neighbouring occupiers, and there are no other material considerations that indicate that a decision should be taken at variance with the above policies.
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT POLICES
Saved Policy BE1 - Advises planning permission will be granted for developments which achieve a high standard of design, listing four sets of criteria.
Saved Policy H13 states that planning permission will be granted for the extension / alteration of existing dwellings, including separate buildings within the curtilage for habitable or incidental purposes provided they would not have a detrimental effect on the character / appearance of the street scene or the surrounding area generally and not lead to a reduction in amenity for adjacent occupiers due to factors such as loss of light/ sunlight, overlooking, noise etc.
Extensions to Dwellings IPG – provides detailed advice in respect of household extensions.
(1) Condition: The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
(2) Condition: This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans:
Site Location Plan, Existing Layout and Elevations Drawing No. SI12/1010/1 received 24/07/2012
Block Plans / Daylight/ Sunlight Assessment Drawing No. S112/1010/3 Rev A received 24/07/2012
Proposed Plans and Elevations Drawing No. SI12/1010/2 received 20/06/2012
The hereby approved facing materials are Ibstock Common Red Brick and White Render. The hereby approved roof materials are Marley Mendip Mosborough Red Roof Tiles.
The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
(3) Condition: The first floor en suite window located on the north western elevation of the hereby approved extension shall be fitted with obscure glazing which shall be no less than Pilkington Level 4 and shall be permanently retained in that condition thereafter.
(1) Reason: In accordance with Section 91(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by S51(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(2) Reason: To define the permission, for the avoidance of doubt.
(3) Reason: In the interests of the reasonable residential amenity of amenity of adjoining occupiers in accordance with Saved Policies H13 and BE1 [28/09/2007] of the adopted Mansfield District Local Plan.